Friday, December 4, 2009

Golden

Although the leaves are long gone in some parts of the country, here in California (in my neighborhood at least) the change is reaching it's peak. This is my favorite time of year... and this is the gorgeous golden mess that our Ginko trees left on the sidewalk in front of our house this week:


We also went gold inside as I gave the kids' art table a much needed refresh. Of course, in my excitement I neglected to take a "before" pic, but let me just tell you it was a mess. Left outside in the rain after a finger painting adventure.
 
The color was supposed to be orange (by request) but ended up way more golden (school bus) yellow. The seat covers are an asian-inspired patchwork print that I had in my fabric stash. It was a lot more work than I anticipated but I love how it came out.

Hoping things are "golden" in your life + have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: